With summer in full swing, you have to be prepared for everything that the season may bring. And while many people prepare well for it, getting the car prepped is something that is often forgotten. Traveling (down the street or long distances) is an essential part of summer, so it’s a good idea to be well prepared for the anything that could pop up. For that reason we’ve compiled a list of important things to pack in your car when the summer sun is shining.
- Maintenance kit: Breakdowns don’t just happen in the winter months, so it’s important to be prepared. This includes having items like fix-a-flat, coolant and protectant wipes.
- Sunscreen and bug spray: The sun’s UVA rays go through window glass and affect your skin if you don’t have any protection. A bottle of sunscreen doesn’t take up much space, but it can be a lifesaver, just like bug spray. Mosquitos and insects love warm weather so make sure to be prepared because nothing ruins an outing like a swarm of bugs.
- First-aid kit: When traveling with kids, this one can come in handy in many instances. This item also doesn’t take up space but could be huge.
- Towels: Water adventure is synonym with summer life. Whether it’s the pool, spray park, beach, or natural stream, you can never have enough towels. Pack a few extra just in case.
- Umbrella: Packing an umbrella has a two-fold benefit – shelter from rain (obviously), but also from the sun.
- Cash stash: With so many options in the summer, it’s a good idea to have some cash handy for those extra stops.