9 Free (or almost free) car apps for your phone
As part of our commitment to provide the best Honda service in Central Texas, we are starting a blog series with general advice to help our readers get the most out of their cars and save money on car-related issues.
In this post you’ll find nine really awesome (and mostly free!) car apps for your smartphone. How many times have you gotten lost in a parking lot or on the street looking for your car? Or how many times have you gotten upset with yourself because you’ve had to stop at a pricey gas station? This has happened to us many, many times so we’re glad to put this list together and be able to share it!
1. Trapster (free) – Trapster is a cell phone social network that works as an “early warning system” through user submitted information. It alerts users on camera locations and other roadway hazards like school zones, accident reports and real-time traffic data.
2. Road Trip Lite (free) – Road Trip Lite tracks how much you’re spending on fuel and maintenance. Although a “Lite” app, this free version has no limit on the amount of data you can’t store.
3. AccuFuel ($0.99) – AccuFuel is an app that monitors fuel efficiency and lets you see how your driving habits affect your fuel consumption. It can also track multiple vehicles at once, so you can see how much others in the household are spending on gas.
4. Rev Lite (free) – Rev Lite is an application for real gear heads. Although it needs an accessory cable, the app displays, records and tracks cornering, braking and acceleration G forces, as well as specific OBD-II vehicle metrics.
5. GarageBuddy ($0.99) – GarageBuddy is the perfect app for advice on all parts related to your car. It has calculators, converters, tables, and other tools that you’ll need to calculate or measure anything to do with your car. You can also record all of the car’s important information so you can have it ready for when you take a trip to the parts store.
6. Fuzzy Codes (free) – Fuzzy Codes is the “lite” version of Fuzzy Cars, however, don’t be fooled. Fuzzy Codes works with your On-Board Diagnostics-II (OBD) trouble code reader to help you find the root of the car issue.
7. iCar App (free) – The iCar App helps you located your parked car and suggests the best routes for you to get there. It can send you the car’s location through email, has a timer to remind you when the parking meter is running out and even finds the nearest parking lot or gas station.
8. iWrecked-Auto Accident Assistant (free) – This app is an accident resource: it lets you log in all the details of a wreck you were involved in, including time-stamped pictures, and puts it all into a professional PDF which you can send to your insurance company.
9. RepairPal (free) – RepairPal is an auto emergency app that gives you information on roadside breakdowns or any small problem. It also gives you information on repair estimates, finds mechanics in your area and has a one-touch access to roadside assistance.
We hope these tools will help you keep track of your car’s performance and provide you with easy access to important information. However, if you run into any mechanical issues, need a quick oil and filter change or are looking for specific Honda parts in Austin, TX, don’t hesitate to come by our Express Service lane or schedule a service appointment online.RSS Feed